2022 WORKSHOP PROGRAMME
DAY 3 AGENDA: 29 OCTOBER 2022
Physical Exhibition @ Marina Bay Sands | Sands Expo Convention Centre, Hall D
WORKSHOP: HOW TO INVEST IN THE RIGHT FRANCHISE
10:00 – 12:30
Participation fee: $68 per pax
“Franchising continues to be a popular way for companies to expand, and for individuals to become entrepreneurs. Nevertheless, in spite of its popularity, there’s no guarantee for success.
It is therefore very crucial that the prospective franchisee does a thorough homework before signing on the franchise contract. Existing franchisors can also benefit from this workshop as they will see things from the franchisee’s perspective in a clearer manner, and finetune and adjust their franchise package accordingly.”
This workshop will enable the participant to evaluate a franchise opportunity in a more objective and structured manner.
The step-by-step session includes:
- Understanding thoroughly what franchising entails
- Why buying a franchise might be a smart choice?
- What’s a successful franchise?
- What kinds of franchise opportunities are there?
- How to start the searching journey?
- Self Evaluation–being clear about the motivation of buying into a franchise
- Info gathering / Doing the necessary research
- Producing a business plan
- Understanding the franchise offering
- Understanding the numbers (Return on Investment)
- Beginning the application process
- Set up your “discovery day” meeting
- Getting your finances ready
- Buy or rent a location
- Get training and support
- SUMMARY: Back to basics//PESTLE//CONCLUSION
The workshop will be conducted by Asiawide Franchise Consultants team, with more than 33 years of experience in franchising consultancy. This team consists of
- Albert Kong, Founder / CEO, Asiawide
- Clarence Nah, General Manager / Resident Consultant, Asiawide
- Christine Cheung, Consulting Director, Asiawide